Sometimes, you want a different and unique shape to frame your picture, to create a label, or to use as a path for other scripts and effects. But creating perfectly symmetric vector shapes is very tedious.
This script will generate various shapes with 8 nodes and each node will be randomly modified but in a symmetric way. You can end up with square, rectangular or diamond-shaped outlines. Since you can generate up to 10 outlines per run, discard the ones you don't like and keep the ones you don't.
Each outline will be left as a vector layer so you will be able to perform various actions with it:
- you can resize it any way you want without losing quality
- you can change the color and thickness of the stroke and add a fill if you want
- you can save it as a preset shape so you can reuse it later (follow this tutorial)
- you can use the VectorTube or VectorPaint scripts to add elements or effects along the path
- you can use the Mask Maker script to create your own mask from the given path
Compatible with PSP9 and up